No matter if we willingly place Him at the core or simply choose to ignore Him, the entire world (not just the calendar) is bent around His person.
Everything came from Him, is held together through Him and revolves around Him.
He is the summation of reality and the goal of creation.
The church of which we are organic parts has one purpose: to hold Him forth as the center of everything. But often its religious activity simply clouds our minds with secondary things.
The world in which we live tries hard to knock us off center.
- The cares of living press less important priorities into primary position.
- Pain screams incessantly to drown out His voice.
- Culture flashes its spotlight on meaningless “stuff” to blind us to His face.
- Our battle for security and riskless living numbs us to His passion.
- Constant obsession with ease deafens us to His purpose.
The mundane dailyness of making a living robs us of the higher reality that we are extensions of His incarnation in this epic battle for creation.
Life does its best to drown us in distortions so that un-centered, we miss the scope of real living.
In opposition to all this, Jesus declares that ‘eternal life’ is the quality of existence that explodes in and through us when He is the center.